Creating a better world for all sometimes means stepping up to courageously take a stand. Much of the problems we face today exist because most of us sit idly by waiting for others to make the badly needed changes that are piling up. Changes that impact lives and the future of all people.
Dr. Emmanuel Enekwechi Prime Minister, Biafra Government in Exile (BGIE) recently set the example for us all through his leadership message on behalf of the Government Federation of Biafra...
July 1, 2008
In the matter of the recent political and social events in Zimbabwe and its handling, the Biafra Government in Exile (BGIE) which represents the people of Biafra, their political hopes and aspirations, declares thus:
1) On behalf of the people of Biafra, BGIE regrets the actions of the ruling party in Zimbabwe in the conduct of what could not pass for free and fair elections.
2) BGIE condemns the government of Zimbabwe and the ruling party for the violence unleashed on the hapless people of Zimbabwe whose only "offense" was to make their political will known using the customary vehicle of suffrage.
3) Africa should hold Robert Mugabe personally and criminally liable for this gratuitous violence against the innocent people of Zimbabwe—his own people.
4) Africa should also hold criminally responsible as accessories all other persons, co-operators, and agents of Robert Mugabe, his political party and his administration, and members of State Institutions under his command who have participated in any way in the harming of the citizenry of Zimbabwe.
5) BGIE chides African Union (AU) for acquiescence in the face of brutality and battery of innocent Africans of Zimbabwe; and for failure to condemn injustice, denial of freedom, and flagrant violation of every principle of democratic election and democratic rule.
It is the hope of BGIE that the obvious fraudulent results of the recent sham elections in Zimbabwe be overturned and that Robert Mugabe and his collaborators be held accountable.
Dr. Emmanuel Enekwechi
Prime Minister, Biafra Government in Exile (BGIE)